|연구실 :||위성관측 연구실 / 과학관 546호|
- Ph.D. (1999) Atmospheric Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA
- M.S. (1989) Meteorology, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- B.S. (1987) Astronomy and Meteorology, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- 2014-present : Professor, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea.
- 2007-2013 : Associate Professor, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea.
- 2002-2007 : Research Professor, Center for Earth Observing and Space Research, School of Computational Sciences, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA.
- 2001-2002 : Research Scientist, Dept. of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA.
- 2000 : Assistant Research Scientist, Center for Earth Observing and Space Research, School of Computational Sciences, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA.
- 마이크로파복사 및 원격탐사이론
- Hong, S.-B., D.-B. Shin, B.-H. Park, and D.-W. So, 2016: Development of prototype algorithms for quantitative precipitation nowcasts from AMI onboard the GEO-KOMPSAT-2A satellite, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 54(12),7149-7156
- Kim, S.-W., D.-B. Shin, and Y.-J. Choi, 2016: Effects of the three-dimensional hydrometeor distributions of precipitating clouds on passive microwave rainfall estimations, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 54(4), 1957-1966.
- Lee, Y.-R., D.-B. Shin, J.-H. Kim, and H.-S. Park, 2015: Precipitation estimation over radar gap areas based on satellite and adjacent radar observations, Atmospheric Measurement Techniques, 8, 719-728.
- Yoo, J.-M., Y.-R. Lee, D. Kim, S.-M. Oh, M.-J. Jeong, W.R. Stockwell, P. K. Kundu, D.-B. Shin, and S.-J. Lee, 2014: New indices for wet scavenging of air pollutants (O3, CO, NO2, SO2, and PM10) by summertime rain, Atmospheric Environment, 82, 226-237.
- Kim, J.-H., D.-B. Shin, and C. Kummerow, 2013: Impacts of a-priori databases using six WRF microphysics schemes on passive microwave rainfall retrievals. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 30, 2367-2381.
- Park, H.-J., D.-B. Shin, and J.-M. Yoo, 2013: Atmospheric water balance over oceanic regions as estimated from satellite, merged, and reanalysis data. J. Geophys. Res., 118, 3495-3505, doi:10.1002/jgrd.50414.
- Lee, Y.-R., J.-M. Yoo, M.-J. Jeong, Y.-I. Won, T. Hearty, and D.-B. Shin, 2013: Comparison between MODIS and AIRS/AMSU satellite-derived surface skin temperatures. Atmospheric Measurement Techniques, 6, 445-455.
- Yoo, J.-M., Y.-I. Won, M.-J. Jeong, K.-M. Kim, D.-B. Shin, Y.-R. Lee, and Y.-J. Cho, 2013: Intensity of climate variability derived from the satellite and MERRA reanalysis temperatures: AO, ENSO, and QBO. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 95-96, 15-27, doi:10.1016/j.jastp.2013.01.002.
- Chiu, L. S., S. Gao and D.-B. Shin, 2013: Climate-Scale Oceanic Rainfall Based on Passive Microwave Radiometry, Satellite-based Applications on Climate Change, J. Qu, A. Powell, M.V.K. Sivakumar (Eds), Springer, 225-245, ISBN: 978-94-007-5871-1
- Kim, J.-H, D.-B. Shin and K.-W. Jin, 2012: Impact of proxy variables of the rain column height on monthly oceanic rainfall estimations from passive microwave sensors. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 33(12), 3693 - 3712, doi:10.1080⁄01431161.2011.631952
- Yoo. J.-M., Y.-I. Won, Y.-J. Cho, M.-J. Jeong, D.-B. Shin, S.-J. Lee, Y.-R. Lee, S.-M. Oh, and S.J. Ban, 2011: Temperature trends in the skin/surface, mid-troposphere and low stratosphere near Korea from satellite and ground measurements. Asia Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 47(5), 439-455, doi:10.1007/s13143-011-0029-4.
- Shin, D.-B., J.-H. Kim, and H.-J. Park, 2011: Agreement between monthly precipitation estimates from TRMM satellite, NCEP reanalysis, and merged gauge?satellite analysis, J. Geophys. Res., 116, D16105, doi:10.1029/2010JD015483.
- Shin, D.-B., 2011: Spatial information of high frequency brightness temperatures for passive microwave rainfall retrievals. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 32(19), 5347-5363, doi:10.1080⁄01431161.2010.498451.
- Yoo, J.-M., M.-J. Jeong,, Y.-M. Hur, and D.-B. Shin, 2010: Improved fog detection from satellite in the presence of clouds. Asia Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 46(1), 29-40.
- Shin, D.-B., K. P. Bowman, J.-M. Yoo and L. S. Chiu, 2009: Variability of passive microwave radiometric signatures at different spatial resolutions and its implication for rainfall estimation. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 47(6), 1575-1584.
- Shin, D.-B., L. S. Chiu and P. Clemente-Colon, 2008: Effects of atmospheric water and surface wind on passive microwave retrievals of sea ice concentration: a simulation study. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 29(19), 5717-5731.
- Shin, D.-B. and L. S. Chiu, 2008: Effects of TRMM boost on oceanic rainfall estimates based on microwave emission brightness temperature histograms (METH). Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 25(10), 1888-1893.
- Battaglia, A., F. Prodi, F. Porcu and D.-B. Shin, April 2007: 3D effects in microwave radiative transport inside precipitating clouds: modeling and applications, Measuring Precipitation from Space: EURAINSAT and the future, V. Levizzani, P.Bauer and J. Turk (Eds), Advances in Global Change Research, 28, Springer, 113-126.
- Chiu, L. and D.-B. Shin, 2006: Surface Rain Rates from TRMM Satellite Algorithms, Earth Science Satellite Remote Sensing, Vol. 1: Science and instruments, J. Qu, W. Gao, M. Kafatos, R. Murphy, and V. Salomonson (Eds), London, Springer.
- Shin, D.-B. and C. Kummerow, 2003: Parametric rainfall retrieval algorithms for passive microwave radiometers. Journal of Applied Meteorology, 42, 1480-1496.
- Battaglia, A., C. Kummerow, D.-B. Shin and C. Williams, 2003: Constraining microwave brightness temperatures by radar bright band observations. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 20, 856-871.
- Shin, D.-B., L. S. Chiu and M. Kafatos, 2001: Comparison of the monthly precipitation derived from the TRMM satellite. Geophysical Research Letter, 28(5), 795-798.
- Kummerow, C., Y. Hong, W. S. Olson, S. Yang, R. F. Adler, J. McCollum, R. Ferraro, G. Petty, D.-B. Shin and T. T. Wilheit, 2001: The evolution of the Goddard profiling algorithm (GPROF) for rain estimation from passive microwave sensors. Journal of Applied Meteorology, 40, 1801-1820.
- Shin, D.-B., K. P. Bowman and G. R. North, 2000: A summary of reflectivity profiles from the first year of TRMM radar data. Journal of Climate, 13, 4072-4086.
- Harris, G., K. P. Bowman and D.-B. Shin, 2000: Comparison of freezing-level altitudes from the NCEP Reanalysis with TRMM precipitation radar brightband data, Journal of Climate, 13, 4137-4148.
- Shin, D.-B., and G. R. North, 2000: Errors incurred in sampling a cyclostationary Field. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 17, 656-664.