|이름 :||Roman Olson|
|직함 :||연구 교수|
|연구실 :||대기역학 연구실 / 과학관 529A호|
- Improving multi-model climate prediction methods
- Global climate dynamics
- Atlantic meridional overturning circulation
- Environmental model dependence
- Gaussian Process interpolation of climate fields
- Ph.d. (2013) in Geosciences, Penn State University, U.S.A
- M.Sc (2010) in Geosciences, Penn State University, U.S.A
- B.Sc (2007) in Environmental Sciences (Physical Stream), York University, Canada
- 2016 - current : Researcher, Atmospheric Sciences, Yonsei University, South Korea
- 2014-2016 : Postdoctoral Research Associate, UNSW Australia, Australia
- 2013 : Postdoctoral Scholar, Penn State University, USA
- R. Olson, W. Chang, K. Keller, M. Haran, K. L. Ruckert, and S.-I. An: Stilt – easy emulation of time series climate model output in multidimensional parameter space. In review at The R Journal.
- R. Olson, S.-I. An, Y. Fan and J. P. Evans: Multi-Model weighted projections accounting for skill in non-linear trend, variability, and autocorrelation. In review at Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems.
- F. Ji, J. P. Evans, A. Di Luca, N. Jiang, R. Olson, L. Fita, D. Argueso, L. T.-C. Chang, Y. Scorgie and M. Riley: Projected change in characteristics of near surface temperature inversions for Southeast Australia. In review at Climate Dynamics.
- R. Olson, S.-I. An, Y. Fan, J. P. Evans and L. Caesar (2017): North Atlantic observations sharpen meridional overturning projections. Climate Dynamics, doi:10.1007/s00382-017-3867-7.
- J. Shin, R. Olson and S.-I. An (2017): Heat wave projections for the Korean Peninsula in the 21st century”. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13143-017-0059-7
- Y. Fan, R. Olson and J. P. Evans (2017): A Bayesian posterior predictive framework for weighting ensemble regional climate models. Geoscientific Model Development, 10, 2321-2332, doi: 10.5194/gmd-10-2321-2017
- Evans, J. P., D. Argüeso, R. Olson, A. Di Luca (2016): Future projections of extreme rainfall in south-east Australia. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, doi:10.1007/s00704-016-1949-9.
- Olson, R., J. P. Evans, A. Di Luca and D. Argüeso (2016): The NARCliM project: model agreement and significance of climate projections. Climate Research, 69, 209-227.
- Olson, R., Fan, Y. and Evans, J. P. (2016): A simple method for Bayesian Model Averaging of regional climate projections: application to southeast Australian temperatures. Geophysical Research Letters, 43, doi:10.1002/2016GL069704.
- Evans, J. P., R. Olson, L. Fita, D. Argüeso and A. Di Luca (2015): NARCliM model performance including teleconnections with climate modes. 21st International Congress on Modeling and Simulation, Gold Coast, Australia, 29 Nov – 4 Dec 2015.
- Evans, J. P., D. Argüeso, R. Olson, A. Di Luca (2015): NARCliM extreme precipitation indices report. NARCliM Technical Note 6, 109 pp, Report to the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage, Sydney, Australia.
- Olson, R., J. P. Evans, D. Argüeso and A. Di Luca (2014): NARCliM Climatological Atlas. NARCliM Technical Note 4, 423 pp, NARCliM Consortium, Sydney, Australia.
- Chang, W., M. Haran, R. Olson, and K. Keller (2014): “A composite likelihood approach to computer model calibration with high-dimensional spatial data”. Statistica Sinica, 25, pp. 243-259.
- Chang, W., M. Haran, R. Olson, and K. Keller (2014): Fast dimension-reduced climate model calibration. (2nd place winner of the 2014 American Statistical Association Section on the Statistics and the Environment Student Paper Competition). Annals of Applied Statistics, 8(2), pp. 649-673.
- Olson, R., R. Sriver, M. Haran, W. Chang, N. M. Urban, and K. Keller (2013): What is the effect of unresolved internal climate variability on climate sensitivity estimates? Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres, 118, doi:10.1002/jgrd.50390
- Sriver, R., N. Urban, R. Olson, and K. Keller (2012): Towards a physically plausible upper bound of sea-level projections. Climatic Change, 115, pp. 893-902.
- Tuana, N., R. Sriver, T. Svoboda, R. Olson, P. Irvine, J. Haqq-Misra, and K. Keller (2012): Towards integrated ethical and scientific analysis of geoengineering: A research agenda. Ethics, Policy & Environment. 15(2), pp. 136-155.
- Bhat, K. S., M. Haran, R. Olson, and K. Keller (2012): Inferring likelihoods and climate system characteristics from climate models and multiple tracers. Environmetrics, 23(4), pp. 345-362.
- Olson, R., R. Sriver, M. Goes, N. M. Urban, H. D. Matthews, M. Haran, and K. Keller (2012): A climate sensitivity estimate using Bayesian fusion of instrumental observations and an Earth System model, Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres, 117(D04103), doi:10.1029/2011JD016620.